Ethiopian Tartar Steak
- Serving: 8 portions
- Chopped beef should be freshly ground just before serving. It is served raw.
- In a 9-inch skillet:
- Melt 2 oz. BUTTER.
- Add: 1/4 tsp. CAYENNE PEPPER
- 1/4 tsp. CHILI PEPPER 1 tsp. SALT and stir through thoroughly. Add 1 1/2 Ibs. LEAN ROUND STEAK, freshly ground,
- Mix thoroughly. Serve immediately. Do not cook.
- If your guests prefer the Kitfo cooked, saute it over low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Article Categories:Executive Chef