This is one desert that you will love to eat over and over again trust me.
- 4 Medium size Croaker* Fish (Cleaned)
- Salt – To taste
- 2 cubes Maggi
- 1 teaspoons Black or Cameroon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1/2 large onion – Chopped
- 1 red bell pepper (tatashe) – chopped
- 1-2 red chili peppers (Shombo or rodo )
- 1 cube Maggi
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender, pulse to a coarse texture. Set aside
Start by making 2-3 slashes on both sides of the croaker. Season with salt, maggi and pepper. Set aside to marinate for a couple hours or overnight.
- If using a barbecue grill:
- Preheat grill, brush seasoned fish with oil & cover with half of the sauce. Grill until cooked.
- If using an oven :
- Pre heat oven to 400F (Broil / grill setting)
- Place a large skillet or griddle on high heat, heat oil. Place fish in pan and sear on both sides
Cover fish with half of the sauce
- Transfer fish to a lined oven tray. Place in oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through
Generously cover cooked fish with left over sauce. Serve with a side of fried plantains
Recipe attribution: http://www.9jafoodie.com/grilled-croaker-fish/