Honestly, if you only try one recipe this month, make it this one. The flavor combination is amazing! I typically serve mine with either stewed meat or peppered meat
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 can coconut milk (400ml)
My brand of choice is by Thai Kitchen
- Place a pot with a tight fitting lead on medium heat, heat up the coconut oil. Add in sliced onions and fry until translucent and fragrant.
- Add in stew base, Knorr, salt, pepper, half crayfish, coconut milk and 1 cup of water. Cover and allow to simmer on low-medium heat for 15 minutes
- Uncover the pot and stir in rice. increase heat to medium. Leave to come to a boil (when you see bubbles ontop of the rice). Reduce heat to low-medium and cover the pot tightly.
- Cook for 15 minutes (if using basmati) or for 25 minutes (if using parboiled rice)
- Fluff the cooked rice with a fork then add in the left over crayfish (This is the absolute best part, it is amazing!!
- Serve with your choice of protein
This post was originally shared on http://www.9jafoodie.com/
Article Tags:african recipes · coconut rice · food · food photography · foodie · nigerian food · nigerian jollof rice